The Village Hall was built in 1876 and served as the village school until 1945. Today, the hall plays as an important role by bringing residents of the Parish together through social gatherings and offers a great space available for hire to people of the village and non-residents alike.
The well-maintained building provides two meeting rooms, toilet facilities and an adjoining well equipped modern kitchen. The main hall accommodates a maximum of 100 people and has been used for family celebrations, auctions, local productions with use of the stage, children’s parties, quizzes, dinners, dances and arts and crafts exhibitions and workshops.
The smaller meeting room is hired with the main hall, this can seat a boardroom style meeting of 14 people, or be used with the kitchen as a serving room.
In addition, there is hard-standing for approximately 12 cars and a grassed area of garden at the back for outside catering or games.
These fees are for the Hall AND Meeting Room. Sorry, no reduction for use of meeting room only.
A deposit may be required for parties, wedding hire and other such events.
|Affiliated organisations and regular users||Broadwoodkelly residents||Others|
|Per Hour (Up to 3 hours)||£4.50||£5||£10|
|Use of kitchen for cooking purposes||£5 (up to 1/2 day|
£10 (all day)
|£5 (up to 1/2 day|
£10 (all day)
|£12 (up to 1/2 day
£20 (all day)
Note: Cost of electricity is extra (£1 coin meter)
- Check availability of required date with Booking Clerk or on-line calendar
- Contact the Booking Clerk or download the Booking Form. Terms & Conditions and notes on using the hall
- Submit completed Booking Form, signed Terms & Conditions and deposit (if required) to the Booking Clerk
- Ensure full payment is made at least seven days prior to the date of the booking
- Prior to event, contact the Booking Clerk who will confirm the number of the keysafe
All new hirers may wish to meet the booking clerk at the hall prior to their event in order to view the hall’s facilities etc.
Download Village Hall General information and policy document
Download Hall Hire Booking Form (including Terms and Conditions and Supplementary Conditions of using the Hall)